– 2-in-1 CAN + Wireless/GPS board
– Dual CAN 2.0B interface
– Philips SJA1000T controllers
– Channel-to-channel and channel-to-system isolation
– Socket for GSM/GPRS and CDMA wireless communications modules
– Socket for GPS receiver module
– 1 pulse per second precision output from GPS receiver
– Connector provided to supply backup power for the GPS almanac
– 0Ω jumper-bypass resistors for ruggedized applications
– PC/104 form factor
– -40 to +85ºC operation
JANUS-MM combines dual CAN interfaces with sockets for wireless communications and GPS to create a complete I/O subsystem for automotive and vehicle tracking applications. The dual CAN ports use the Philips SJA1000T CAN controller and 82C251 transceiver, for full CAN2.0B functionality. Each port is independently isolated from the system to eliminate sensitivity to noise and ground shifts in the network. Jumper options include slew rate control, transceiver power source (on-board or loop power), address, and interrupt settings. Both memory and I/O addressing are supported. For ruggedized applications, 0Ω jumper-bypass resistors can be installed in any configuration.
JANUS-MM includes sockets and support circuitry for GSM/GPRS and CDMA wireless communication modules from MultiTech, as well as 8-channel and 12-channel GPS receivers from Trimble Navigation. A connector is provided to supply backup power for the GPS almanac. A built-in dual UART circuit provides the necessary interface to the modules. The add-on modules are available separately based on your desired configuration. See below for information on available modules.