– 8 serial ports
– 8 digital I/O lines
– Jumper selectable RS-232, RS-422, RS-485 on all ports
– Up to 460.8kbps data rate
– 16C654 Quad UARTs with 64-byte FIFOs
– Interrupt sharing – any no. of ports or boards
– Interrupt status register for Windows NT
– Dual 40-pin I/O headers (4 ports per header)
– 16-bit PC/104 bus for additional interrupt levels
– +5V only power supply
– -40 to +85ºC operation
Now with higher density than ever, our new Emerald-MM-8 gives you 8 serial ports on a single PC/104 module. Each version of the board provides 8 serial ports operating at speeds up to 460.8kbps. Several versions are available:
EMM-8M-XT 8 ports RS-232/422/485 user selectable
EMM-8232-XT 8 ports fixed RS-232 (low-cost version)
In RS-232 mode, the full complement of standard PC serial port signals (8 signals + ground) are provided for each port. In RS-422 mode, Signals RX+, RX-, TX+, and TX- are provided, along with ground. In RS-485 mode, signals TX+/RX+ and TX-/RX- are provided, along with ground. Ports are grouped 4 per 40-pin I/O header. Ports 1-4 are on the right, and ports 5-8 are on the left.
Two 16C654 quad serial port ICs are used for the serial ports. This chip supports data rates up to 460.8kbps and contains a 64-byte transmit and receive FIFOs for each port to minimize processor overhead.