– 16 single-ended or 8 differential analog inputs
– 12-bit A/D resolution
– Bipolar and unipolar input ranges
– 100,000 samples/sec maximum AD conversion rate
– External trigger capability
– Interrupt and DMA operation
– 2 analog outputs, 12-bit resolution
– 16 digital I/O lines (8 in, 8 out)
– On-board A/D pacer clock
– 1 16-bit general purpose counter/timer
– Requires only +5V power supply
– Software and technical manual included
Diamond-MM has all the primary features you expect in a high-performance analog I/O board at a reduced price. The analog input circuit uses a 12-bit A/D converte and can be configured for single-ended or differential input wiring, as well as unipolar or bipolar input ranges. It also offers 10 different input ranges, so it can work with a wide variety of input signals. The maximum A/D conversion rate is approximately 2,000-20,000 per second using interrupts (depending on the operating system) or 100,000 per second using DMA.
Two optional analog outputs provide 12-bit resolution over a 0-5V or user-adjustable output range with 8mA drive current and 4uS settling time. The D/A can also be used as a digital attenuator for an analog signal fed into one of the reference inputs.
The board contains 8 digital inputs and 8 digital outputs. It has an on-board 82C54 counter/timer chip to control the A/D sampling rate and provide general purpose counting functions.
Diamond-MM is available in four models: with or without analog outputs, and in commercial (0-70C) or industrial (-40 to +85C) operating temperature range.